Thursday, October 27, 2016

State Representative District 7B - Liz Olson Democratic

Liz Olson
I’m Liz Olson and I’m the DFL endorsed candidate running to represent district 7B in the Minnesota House of Representatives.  I’m running because I believe in a Minnesota where everyone can thrive — A Minnesota that offers access to living wage jobs with good benefits, strong public schools, and expanded access to our democracy.  I’ve called Duluth home since graduating from the University of Minnesota Duluth. Shortly after, my husband and I purchased a house in the Denfeld neighborhood. This fall we welcomed our first child into our home. Being elected to the Minnesota House of Representatives is a way to put my love for Duluth into action - to serve my family, neighbors, and the people of Minnesota, and to help build a bright future for all of us.
My work in Duluth has included advocacy for access to healthcare, worker protections, and ending homelessness. Across these issues I have engaged and mobilized diverse groups of people, especially those often left out of the political process, to shape policy solutions at the state and local level. I have proven my effectiveness and been recognized for my ability to forge new relationships and to build on my current relationships in order to champion sound policies that benefit our neighbors. I take this experience forward as I run to represent District 7B in the Minnesota House of Representatives.  I ask for your vote on November 8th.