Thursday, October 27, 2016

St. Louis County Commissioner - District 3 - Jay Fosle



Hello, I am Jay Fosle and I am running to be your representative for County Commissioner. I am happily married for 33 years, I have two wonderful children and a beautiful granddaughter.
I am a 27 year employee of Duluth Public Schools currently as a route coordinator-trainer. I am a lifelong resident of County Commission District 3 which includes much of the area I currently serve as a City Councilor.
I am running for this position because I have the experience to represent all of the citizens within the district.
My experience includes: Duluth City Councilor, Duluth Economic Development Commissioner, Public Safety Committee Chairperson, Public Utilities Commissioner, Metropolitan Interstate Council Representative, and Public Works Committee Chairperson.
Being financially responsible with taxpayers’ money is my top priority. The creation of a tax base helps makes this possible. My previous years with Duluth Economic Development Authority allowed me to be involved with many new and current developments.
As a County Commissioner:
  • I will be sensitive to the economic pressures facing citizens, businesses and the entire region.
  • I will continue with support for innovation, productivity and providing service to the citizens.
  • I will make sure to partner with Cities to remove blighted tax forfeit property for the betterment of the community and quality of life for all.
  • I will continue to provide quality customer service to our citizens while staying focused on spending for services.
  • I will continue to provide accountability for all citizens equally by maintaining and providing a fiscally responsible budget.
  • I will continue to establish policies and procedures for Administration and departments to meet their goals.
  • I  am ready to be your representative. 
I would appreciate your vote on November 8.Sincerely,
Jay Fosle