Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Scott Yeazle...Serving the Twin Ports-September

Scott Yeazle


Hillside and Lincoln Park food choices are sensational

While I was thinking about a topic for this month’s column, I was eating at Duluth Grill and I thought I could talk about food.

We have a lot of options for great food in the Hillsider readership area, from the grocery stores like 4th St. Market and Whole Foods Co-op to the Farmers Markets and all the restaurants in the area. The variety is amazing, too, with anything from sushi to a gyro omelet available and very close to home. We have fresh food with the farmers markets, and we have a fish house across the street from my office. How much fresher than that can you get?

Chester Creek Cafe in East Hillside and Duluth Grill in Lincoln Park both were filmed for national television. Guy Fieri doesn’t visit just any Diner, Drive-in or Dive--he goes where the food is sensational. I was glad to see restaurants in our area get this attention. Remember to visit these places and have a great meal. Try the pasties at Duluth Grill or the Steak Burger at Clyde or anything else your heart desires.

At the Whole Foods Co-op’s Midsummer Food Fest, it was great to see all the local options and try them, too.

Try the local places and the local food. You will enjoy them as much as I do.