Saturday, July 11, 2009

Taste of Greece

Today I visited the farmers market. I bought three vegetarian pasties, a small bouquet of a single rose and baby's breath and a tomato plant. In the afternoon I attended the Taste of Greece at 632 E. 2nd St. It is going on tomorrow too in case you missed it. The Sunday hours are 12 noon until 5 p.m.

There is also music and dancing.

I'll see how my photos of the dancing turn out. I didn't bring my larger flash and it may have been too dark in the tent.

The spanikopita was delicious. Also Kudos to the Twelve Holy Apostles Greek Orthodox Church of using compostable plates, take-out containers and utensils for the Annual Taste of Greece event. I try not to use Styrofoam and had brought my own plate. I was pleasantly surprised. Visit them tomorrow if you haven't already.