Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Last Tuesday of the month

The last Tuesday of the month is a very stressful time for me. It is the day (and night) before the paper get printed.

Last night I printed out galley sheets for others to proof. I took them over to Scott Yeazle - our board vice president, Lori Richards, Terry Larson and Wendy Grethen. Sandy Robinson usually helps proof galley sheets too, but she had another commitment. I also email out pdfs of the paper and some people give me proofing suggestions online too. This month Bruce Howell, our board president, has given me a few suggestions by email.

Wendy is paid to proof. And I must say she works very hard for the money. Some have suggested having a proofer be totally volunteer, but I am against that. I know that Wendy goes above and beyond her duties AND she is she is committed and available. When a job becomes volunteer, people aren't always there for you if they have something better to do.

Well, it's time for me to get to an appointment and collect money for a couple more ads.

Let me know if you want to help in the proofing process. Tonight is the very last chance before printing.