Monday, August 02, 2010

Tim Little candidate for Minnesota Sixth District Court Judge 11

1. Why are you running?
I am running for this position because it is a great opportunity for me to combine my legal experience with my passion for public service. Over the last 15 years I have practiced in many different areas of the law including criminal, family, employment, personal injury, civil litigation, and other areas. I also served four years as an at-large representative on the Duluth City Council where I respectfully listened to constituents voice their concerns, weighed the information and cast my vote based on all the facts presented. As a result I have gained the support from many people with vastly different backgrounds.
2. Juvenile Detention
I don’t know that a judge, while on the bench, can “prevent” children of color from entering the juvenile justice system, but judges, like all people, can be active in their communities and become involved in organizations that address issues such as this.
While there are certainly alternatives to juvenile detention, the most practical and effective “solution” in my opinion is to address the issues before the juveniles enter the justice system.