Keep all doors and windows closed and secured. Open doors and windows are an invitation for burglars. Doors should have dead bolt locks with a 1" throw. All windows should have window locks.
· Always lock the doors and window to attached and unattached garages.
· Secure sliding glass doors. Place a metal rod or piece of wood in the track and install vertical bolts.
· Keep the perimeter of your home or business well lit and trim surrounding trees and shrubs. Overgrown trees and shrubs serve as perfect hiding places for burglars.
· Never leave clues that you are gone for an extended period. Have a trusted neighbor collect mail and newspapers or put a stop on their delivery.
· Keep valuables out of sight.
· Outside, lock up ladders, tools or lawn furniture.
· Never place keys under the doormat, flower pot or window ledge.
· Lock vehicles, take the keys, and remove all valuables.
- Please report any suspicious activity or persons by calling 911