Thursday, June 14, 2007

June "Hillsider" board meeting

Caption: Sharla Gardner smiles while talking to member of the board of "The Hillsider. To the right is new board member Sister Naomi-Tamar. On the table is the delicious carrot cake made by David Clanuagh in celebration of Naomi's Yaeger-Bischoff's one year anniversary as editor.

Good afternoon Hillsiders and friends of "The Hillsider." I have decided that I will try some actual daily blogging to make this blog more interactive and up to date.

I go many places and see lots of people in my Hillsider editor capacity, but I don't get a chance to report half of it. This blog could be a way to get more information out to the public.

Well, let's backtrack to Monday, June 11 with "The Hillsider" board meeting. David Clanaugh brought a homemade carrot cake to help us celebrate the one year anniversary as my start of editor and the reorganization of "The Hillsider." It has been a great year for me, I love what I am doing.

Present at the board meeting were: David Clanuagh - treasurer, Andrew Cragun - secretary, Chris Nichols - member-at-large and cartoonist, and Sister Naomi-Tamar - newly elected member-at-large.

Sharla Gardner, who is running for city council also dropped by to help us celebrate. I was glad she did because she cleared up a misunderstanding I had on how the board wanted to run stories and press releases on candidates running for city offices.

We will run press releases announcing candidacy and one photo. I will also be making up a questionnaire to send out to all candidates and will run their responses. We want "The Hillsider" to be a part of the political discussion.