Sunday, April 05, 2009

4th Street Market" Comments on Duluth News Tribune sound racist and hateful

By Scott Yeazle
This month we lost a dear friend, hopefully only for a little while. 4th St. Market closed on April 3rd. This store has been a staple in the community for years. Kids would go in with their pocket money and buy candy. Adults would go in to buy their morning paper and a cup of coffee, then a few hours later come back for a big taco. As I am sitting here writing this, I am reading the different opinions of people online. Unfortunately, any time something happens in the Central Hillside, we are blasted in the media for being a terrible place. The story is the same we heard about with the Bayside Market or any other small business that had to close because of the economy. However when it is something in the Hillside, it is all about the "evils" of the community. There are problems in every community and it takes all of us to come together to make a difference. Two things I hear when I am reading the opinions; and that is racism and hatred. I think people who show hatred for the Central Hillside are jealous of us. I think they are jealous of the great view we have. When I am in the community, I am happy to talk to everyone. I don’t care what color your skin is; you are a person to me. Some people need to get their heads out of their backsides and realize that. People are people!!!!!

Note to all the readers

I am honored to be a leader in the community. This paper is so important to the community so please support the paper. Support the advertisers and the hard workers who write for this wonderful paper. The Hillsider is a month long process and a labor of love for everyone involved.


Scott