Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Scott Yeazle...Serving the Twin Ports


New Year offers fresh start to look forward

Happy New Year to everyone and I hope that most of you are still keeping your resolution if you made one. The Year 2010 is here and we have a few things to look forward to.

By the end of the year we will have a new governor in Minnesota. The forums have started already and I have heard from more than a few people that Duluth and the surrounding areas are extremely important. I am looking forward to Martin Luther King Day. We have wonderful events planned for the weekend so please join us. On Monday, Jan. 18, there will be a free breakfast starting at 7 a.m. at Holy Family Catholic Church and a march and a rally starting at the Washington Center at 11 a.m.

The Minnesota legislative session starts on February 4. In the upcoming months, I will be posting updates from trips to the capitol. On January 30, Duluth Hillside SHARE will have a pickup day. It is a great savings on fresh foods at a low cost.
I know that a majority of readers will be cheering on the Vikings in the playoffs. Good luck to them and I hope everyone is safe in their celebrating.

We at the Hillsider community paper are looking forward to a wonderful 2010. I am always excited to hear from the readers. I think we have a product that is second to none.

Scott

Yeazle serves as vice president of the Hillsider board and is the chairperson of the Twin Ports Action Coaltion as well as serving on many other non-profit boards.